Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Update

This month there wasn't much to report. I avoided sending out a newsletter and mostly kept to myself. My personal life got a little bit...exciting, stressful, hairy? I'm not sure yet. Soulbound stories has suffered. I havn’t been improving the website. Posting on social media or much of anything for that manner. Instead, I have been playing plumber, electrician, and general contractor. 

I sold the home I have poured my blood, sweat and tears into and moved into a small home on a lake. It has been a stressful adventure, but now that we finally feel like we can take a breath; I have gotten back into writing. 

Soulbound War is currently on hold. I got a fantastic idea that was begging to come out, and I found myself swept away in the fantasy. I would describe it as urban high fantasy. By nature of the subject, it is a little more dark but still family friendly. 

Talk about difficult. Try to portray a world that is dark, fun, and safe for adolescent. But still paint the picture you want to convey. The challenge has slowed my writing speed but added to the fun.  I have also changed up my writing process and included beta readers during the drafting process to identify weak or confusing parts. The goal has been to stretch my abilities and improve my skill. I think it’s working. 


I expect to release a 2nd edition of Soulbound Allies soonish. Maybe get some real cover art and do some serious advertising. 

Hope you all are staying positive and testing negative

A.N. James

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not dead yet

 My writing has suffered mearly a flesh wound.  For someone with my tenacity, it's unlikely I'll ever give something completely up. ...